Astm D7066 04 Pdf NEW! Download
# How to Download ASTM D7066-04 PDF for Free
ASTM D7066-04 is a standard test method for dimer/trimer of chlorotrifluoroethylene (S-316) recoverable oil and grease and nonpolar material by infrared determination. It is used to measure the presence and concentration of oil and grease in water and wastewater samples. Oil and grease are defined as the substances that are extractable in S-316 solvent and measured by infrared absorption at 2930 cm-1 or 3.4 microns. Nonpolar material is the oil and grease that is not adsorbed by silica gel.
If you are looking for a free PDF download of ASTM D7066-04, you may be disappointed to find out that it is not available online for free. The official website of ASTM International charges $68 for the PDF version of the standard[^1^]. However, there are some alternative ways to access the document without paying.
One option is to use a document-sharing platform like Scribd, where you can find some uploaded copies of ASTM D7066-04 PDF by other users[^2^] [^3^]. However, you may need to sign up for a free trial or a subscription to view or download the files. You should also be aware of the potential copyright issues and the quality and accuracy of the uploaded documents.
Another option is to use a library or an academic institution that has a subscription to ASTM standards. You can search for ASTM D7066-04 in their online catalog or database and see if they have a digital or print copy available for you. You may need to visit the library or institution in person or request an interlibrary loan if they are not in your area.
A third option is to contact ASTM International directly and ask for a free copy of ASTM D7066-04 PDF. You can explain your purpose and need for the document and see if they can provide you with a complimentary or discounted access. You can reach them by phone at +1 610-832-9585 or by email at email@example.com.
We hope this article has helped you find some ways to download ASTM D7066-04 PDF for free. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.
# Advantages of ASTM D7066-04 Method
ASTM D7066-04 method has several advantages over other methods for oil and grease analysis. Some of these advantages are:
- It uses a more ozone-friendly solvent (S-316) than Freon 113, which was banned by the Montreal Protocol in 1995.
- It allows for a quick and easy field analysis of oil and grease concentration levels, which is important for offshore oil platforms, soil remediation sites and industrial wastewater measurement[^1^].
- It can be performed with a variety of infrared instruments, from full spectrum Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrometers to portable, fixed filter infrared analyzers that are application specific and easy to use[^1^].
- It covers a wide range of oil and grease concentrations, from 5 to 100 mg/L, and can be extended to lower or higher levels by adjusting the sample volume[^2^].
- It does not require evaporation of the solvent, which can cause loss of volatile compounds and contamination of the sample[^1^].
ASTM D7066-04 is a standard test method for dimer/trimer of chlorotrifluoroethylene (S-316) recoverable oil and grease and nonpolar material by infrared determination. It is a reliable and convenient method for measuring oil and grease in water and wastewater samples. However, it is not a free PDF download online. You can try to access it through document-sharing platforms, libraries or academic institutions, or contact ASTM International directly. Alternatively, you can use other methods that are approved by the U.S. EPA or other regulatory agencies for your specific application.
astm d7066 04 pdf download